We have a Parent governor vacancy which we need to fill as soon as possible. English Martyrs’ Catholic Primary School as always aimed for a partnership with parents which undoubtedly bring great benefits to the children. One of the most significant ways you can help in promoting this aim is to volunteer to be a Parent governor.
The governing body’s main tasks are:
- to ensure that the school has a clear vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- to hold the Head Teacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- to oversee the financial performance of the school and making sure its money is well spent.
Parent governors are welcomed as valued members of the team and play a vital role in ensuring the governing body is aware of the views of parents and the local community.
We feel sure that there are parents prepared to take on this important role and give their time and commitment to helping us to continue to improve the school’s performance.
Training and support will be available to help you develop into the role. This will include in-house mentoring and support as well as access to external governor training.
Our governing body expects governors to:
- attend termly meeting(s) of the full governing body
- be a member of a committee and attend termly committee meeting(s)
- visit the school formally for monitoring purposes at least once a term
- commit to attend training courses, and undertake additional independent research as required to ensure you are able to function efficiently as a governor
If you feel you can help in this capacity please complete the nomination form below, which will need to be returned to the school by the closing date on 25th January 2019.
Please note that for the protection of children all governor appointments are subject to a DBS check.
If there are more nominations than vacancies, we will hold a ballot which will close on 11th February and you will be sent a voting paper in due course.