Year 6 SATs test start on the 13th May – only 1 week left to go. We want our children to perform at their best during their SATs.
The night before the tests…
- Make sure that they are not studying all evening.
- Ensure that they relax and get a good night sleep during the week of the tests.
- Make sure your children arrive promptly at school. (We will be running a special breakfast club for them).
- If your child is feeling anxious, reassure them and explain that these feelings are normal but encourage them to be positive and picture themselves trying their best- that is all anyone is asking of them! Positive self-talk releases a hormone called serotonin which helps children to keep calm and function well.
- Make sure you child is hydrated and remind them to drink especially if the weather is hot.
Remind your children about good test techniques:
- Read questions carefully.
- Think about what the question is asking and remember strategies that they have been taught.
- If they are stuck on a question move on to a question that they can answer. When they have completed the test, carefully check their answers and tackle any questions that they are unsure of.
- Praise your children for their effort when they arrive home at the end of the day.
Good Luck Year 6!