New dates added!
It has been an exciting term of cooking and getting creative in the kitchen for our Year 5 pupils as they master many recipes and techniques in Cookery Club. We are now very pleased to announce that we have some brand new dates for the new forthcoming cookery workshops.
These dates are:
- 9th May 2019
- 16th May 2019
- 23rd May 2019
What will they be learning about?
This term the children:
- experienced a kitchen environment
- were exposed to new foods and ingredients they had not tried before
- were introduced to new cooking and utensil skills e.g. using a grater, cracking an egg, mixing and using an electric hand mixer
- learnt to read and follow recipes and instructions
- learnt kitchen health and safety
Four of the children taking part in the sessions had never cooked before so this was a great experience for them. At the end of each session, the children took home recipe cards to recreate at home with family – sharing the experiences and skills learnt during the sessions. Three of the children have tried out the recipes again at home with their families.