AUTUMN TERM 2021
As many Covid related restrictions have now been eased we will not be having our school organised into Bubbles any longer. We will still however continue to have some measures in place in order to avoid unnecessary contact and take all necessary precautions as suggested by the NHS and the Department of Education.
MORNING DROP OFF:
School gates open at 8.40 am every day and all children are expected to be in class by 8.55 am ready for the start of the school day.
The table below shows home times for each year group as well as pick up places:
- Upon entering the school grounds, children wash hands and proceed to their classrooms.
- Once parents pick up children at the end of the day, they are to ensure they remain with them at all times and avoid staying in front of school gates.
- Parents to ensure they arrive promptly to collect children at the end of each day and observe protocols.
- Correct school uniform should be worn at all times apart from on PE days when children continue to come to school in their full PE Kit.
The following measures will remain in place in school:
- Frequent hand cleaning
- Good respiratory hygiene practices and ventilation as well as frequent cleaning of surfaces.
Lunchtimes and Playtimes:
- Lunchtimes continue to be staggered for the time being. These will take place over an hour and a half period with sanitisations between sittings.
- Playtime will take place in allocated areas to minimize mixing of groups of children.
- Parents are encouraged to contact the school office using letters, email or telephone.
- Only two parents at a time are allowed to come in to the school office foyer at any one time. We encourage parents to come to the office between 8.40 am and 9.30 am or between 2.45 and 3.30 pm. and to avoid other times in the middle of the day.
- All payments are to be made on PARENT PAY. This applies to purchasing school bags and paying for school clubs.
- Parents to ensure they read our weekly school newsletter every Friday to note any changes that we may have to make from time to time.
- We will continue to use Microsoft Teams for weekly homework and for any children who are self-isolating due to Covid-19 related reasons.
- We will also continue to use MS Teams for other meetings with children and parents. Parents to make sure children have the necessary login details to be able to complete homework regularly and take part in meetings they are invited to.
- Our laptop lending scheme will continue for this coming year. Parents who would like to make use of this scheme should contact the school office for more information.
LETTER TO PARENTS – Beginning of the Autumn term:
Click here to download the letter sent to parents about the beginning of the school year – 3rd September 2021
Click here to open our current RISK ASSESSMENT
IF YOUR CHILD HAS SYMPTOMS
The link below offers a very clear video presentation created by the Department of Health & Social Care outlining the symptoms to look out for in your child when you feel that your child may be infected.
Please click on the link below to view:
You may also want to check out this link below offering information regarding COVID-19 symptoms created by the NHS.
Please note the following Government guidance contains advice for parents and carers which has been updated with extra links to support to help keep children safe. Please click the links to access the guidance’s.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): Keeping children safe from abuse and harm: Advice for parents and carers about the main risks children may be particularly vulnerable to at this time and information about available help and support.
Coronavirus (COVID-19): keeping children safe online: Advice and guidance to help parents and carers to keep children safe online during the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Accessing MS Teams for parents
Please see below link for a guide to parents on how to access Teams
MS Teams Crib Sheet for parents